Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Power Supply Whine in Pioneer PDP-505HD    

Plasmaman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Power Supply Whine in Pioneer PDP-505HD Reply with quote

I have a Pioneer PDP-505HD that wont power up. There is a high pitch whine coming from the power supply when you try to power on. Does anyone know what usually causes this or a schematic possibly. The 5v stand by at test point 111 is reading 4.97v and the 12v stand by at test point 112 reads 16.44v. I've checked most of the caps with the capacitor wizard and they check ok. D439 lights up on the PCB after about 5 seconds after you hit the power button and the fans all stop as well. I believe there is a bad NEC buffer board only because I had seen a small burn on that board after it ran with a ribbon cable unplugged. I think the buffer board is another issue I may have caused myself but my main concern in this post is the SMPS as I need the set to power up before anything. This set didnt power up before that had happened anyway.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://elektrotanya.com/pioneer_pdp505hd_plasma.pdf/download.html
You got what YOU asked for. "Pioneer PDP-505HD a schematic possibly."
Plasmaman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thats an amazing website! I got too excited and paid 9.99 for the service manual before I waited long enough to see if someone had it, but the info to the website you provided me is worth that again and again. Thanks so much for your help. This has been one of the tough dog repairs for me but I'll post results if I can get em. Thanks again...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com