Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Prima PH4237P 42" Plasma Power Supply Blinking Red LED    

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Prima PH4237P 42" Plasma Power Supply Blinking Red LED Reply with quote

Hello to all, and many, many thanks in adavance for all youor help!!!

A customer came to me with the television in my subject header, with exactly the same symptoms described in this forum:

http://forum.electromaniacs.com/topic/5102-prima-ph4237p-42-plasma-power-supply/

I changed all the necessary components, except for the STR-F6467, which I could not locate, so I replaced that with an STR-F6167, hoping that would be alright.

In any event, the TV passed the "smoke test", in other owrds, nothing exloded thankfully when I turned it on....but the problem is it does not stay on!

I'm getting no voltages out to either the cathode or anode board of the plasma screen, and there is a blinking red LED on the power supply itself.

In any event, the television does not turn on. Power LED goes from standby red to "on" blue for a few seconds, then shuts off, and then LED on power supply starts its blink cycle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I checked the main caps on the power suppply (ohmeter test), and they seem to ok (resistance builds).

Any help would be much appreciated.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com