Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
problem with tv RCA model #F19430    

Mario

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: problem with tv RCA model #F19430 Reply with quote

This tv has some weird problems. Tv will power up but it wont stay on one channel it just keep running scanning all the channels. sometimes i wil press the menu button and it would cut off, other times i would press the volume button and it power on/off. I have seen retrace lines comming on and off after which it would go off.
I am getting B+, also the 25 volts and the 200v. up to the crt. board. i have change some caps around the vertical l/c eventhough i am getting the 25 volts out.
Dont have a schem. any tips would do.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Don

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace all of the front panel swithches. Sounds like they have been
contaminated
Calvin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had RCA's in past with resistance in pushbotton switchs. Suggest removing one at a time and check using remote. One of the units had three bad and caused intermittent problems until replaced.
Terry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario, it sounds like the "windex syndrome". Remove all the switches and try
the remote. my bet is also contaminated tact switches / switches.
Mario

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a fix. Problem was eeprom 24c04p. i replaced the eeprom and back to normal.
Thanks to all those who assisted me with tips.

Mario
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com