Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA 27F554T    

belay70

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: RCA 27F554T Reply with quote

Im a novice here, completely unqualified to work on this tv, but Im not in a position to refuse. Ive been a technician for movie projectors for the last 3 years, so Im not completely in the dark about electrical components and how to troubleshoot.

The tv above turns on fine, then shuts itself off after a minute or two. I am able to turn it back on, but again, it turns off shortly thereafter. My question is are there any commonly replaced components such as the low voltage/high voltage power supplies for these rca tube tv's?

I can order parts and he'll pay for them, so cost isnt an issue, but I am hoping to repair this and be done with it.

Im hesitant to replace the whole board, fearing I will have to calibrate and adjust quite a few things to bring it to an operational state - is that right?

I dont even know where to put my meter leads to take readings on the power supplies - the only reason I suspect them is that its a power issue.

Is there a controller of some sort I should look at first, and how do I test/read it?

I would be very grateful for any advice fellas. thanks.

Mike

ps - forgot to mention that I have opened it up and looked at the circuit board, but could not see any caps that might have burst.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

belay70

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also - I forgot to ask how to go about taking measurements on items on the board - I assume to get readings you'd need the set plugged into power and turned on? Or simply plugged in, and turned off?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found on the web:
Set will come on and play good picture for about 30-45 seconds then shutdown.
Check for a shorted D525 RCA #252027 D97U05R61B DIODE, ZENER MTZJ5 6BT77 Wink
Mention of possible bad front panel switches; also mention of possible bad bad digital board.
belay70

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, how did you find that? Ive run google searches and never found that.

Im unsure how to check for a shorted component - would it look burnt? Or am I using my meter probes and hunting for voltage readings at both ends of the component in question?

Also, the components identified in your post - are they readable on the board? I have lots of technical documentation for this set, including wiring diagrams and such, but I cant relate anything to the circuit board. Having a tough time figuring out what is exactly what and where it is. Know what I mean?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to see 'D525' labeled on the board
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

belay70

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive ordered a whole new main circuit board and digital CB and will replace them as one, rather than try to solder individual components in and out.

Are there any adjustments to the flyback or other parts I need to perform when replacing the whole board? Or can I simply "plug and play"?

Thanks for your time again fellas.
zonk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

belay70 wrote:
Ive ordered a whole new main circuit board and digital CB and will replace them as one, rather than try to solder individual components in and out.

Are there any adjustments to the flyback or other parts I need to perform when replacing the whole board? Or can I simply "plug and play"?

Thanks for your time again fellas.

Hi any update on this please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com