Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA 27R411T - Horizontal lines at top   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

onji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: RCA 27R411T - Horizontal lines at top Reply with quote

Hello new here. Ive had these lines at the top of this tv for a few years now. I'd like to know if a possible cap swap would fix. Anyone know what location I should be looking for? Here are a few pics:

http://imgur.com/a/McqRP

Thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's often caused by an electrolytic capacitor in the vertical circuit.
onji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler wrote:
that's often caused by an electrolytic capacitor in the vertical circuit.

Thank you for the reply. I've searched for a couple of hours now and cannot locate a diagram or manual for this chassis. Would you happen to know where one would be located?

Chassis: RCA ITC008FHM
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&what=ITC008&kategoria=&kat2=all

CF010 should be a good suspect
onji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&what=ITC008&kategoria=&kat2=all

CF010 should be a good suspect

Thanks! I have located CF010. of course it appears ok, but I'll be replacing it. Is it common for the solder side to not have certain caps labeled?
see pics:
CF010 is in the center of the first pic. On the solder side in that area, its not labeled.

http://imgur.com/a/maAAF
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be they are labeling the parts that are mounted to each side of the board. Through-hole mounted components on top and foil / surface mount parts on the other.

Cap's shrink tubing looks like it may be discolored and 'shrunken tighter' due to years of exposure to the heat from the heatsink that's next to it. If that is the case it will also be bad. Low in value and high in ESR.
onji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Could be they are labeling the parts that are mounted to each side of the board. Through-hole mounted components on top and foil / surface mount parts on the other.

Cap's shrink tubing looks like it may be discolored and 'shrunken tighter' due to years of exposure to the heat from the heatsink that's next to it. If that is the case it will also be bad. Low in value and high in ESR.

Well I changed that cap, and the issue still persists. Can you suggest my next course of action?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does screen look like with actual video selected instead of blank raster? Has sound?

The 47ufd 50 volt cap usually cures it.
onji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
What does screen look like with actual video selected instead of blank raster? Has sound?

The 47ufd 50 volt cap usually cures it.

That's disappointing. Yeah thats exactly what i used. I only turned it on to still see the same lines at the top. I didn't check any actual video I'll do that tomorrow. I do appreciate your help though.
onji

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm an idiot. I installed a .47uf 50v instead of a 47 / 50. Ugh. I bought an assorted pack of caps because thats all they had locally.
I did manage to locate the correct cap however it has the leads coming out of each end instead of one end like the other caps. is that ok to use as long as i get the polarity correct?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com