Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA 32V520TYX5 M134C Sound, NO picture    

tinman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: RCA 32V520TYX5 M134C Sound, NO picture Reply with quote

RCA 32" 32V520TYX5 chassis #M134C manufactured in Jan 06--SOUND but NO PICTURE. every now and then might have blip in the sound. Picture was good before it went out. How do i determine the problem and how do i fix it. Don't know to much about TVs but have been reading the site on flyback, HOT, etc. Do have a soldering iron and I guess I could use a turkey baster to remove solder.

Or recommend new set and place this out for the trash?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may exceed the design parameters of a "plastic" turkey baster.
tinman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so no suggestions. ---- no bad welds; no bad flyback, etc.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSD?
Controls work?
Can change channel & input?

Sets have history of bad switches and EEPROMs.
tinman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know OSD is. I can change to input mode from TV to video mode and only get sound when playing DVD.

I kow i can change at least one channel i.e. off of channel 3 which is the required channel for the covert box. During the convert box I can pick up other channels with sounb but no picture.

Now looking to buy a LCD tv but still looking to repair this TV at min cost to place in bedroom. I expected a TV would last 8 to 10 yrs w/o problems.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSD = On Screen Display
"Expected a TV to last 8-10 yrs w/o problems." Naïve. That was ten to fifteen years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com