Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA 46LA45RQ Left side of LCD has vertical "static"    

simpletown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: RCA 46LA45RQ Left side of LCD has vertical "static" Reply with quote

Hey everyone...
I've searched the forums.. I've searched google.. I think my problem is I can't exactly figure out what keywords to search. I have a bar going down the left side of my screen vertically, containing horizontal "static" lines intermittently. From the research I've done, it could be the t-con, the power board, or the screen itself. I don't know. I can fix any and all computer problems, and can identify a blown capacitor on a board fairly simply.. but just havent wanted to open this mofo up yet.
I have a video of the problem..... ---> http://youtu.be/ZWWiWkHeAd0
Any help is appreciated.
It's a RCA 46LA45RQ. Happens on all inputs. It's on top of any image
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Da5hiz

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have replaced the t-con board and it did not fix the vertical line. However, after I replaced the t-con board I started to play with the display board that is fused to the lcd display via the ribbon cables. I noticed that some of the cables were very hot to the touch while the tv was on. If I touched the one the was directly above the vertical line, the vertical line would change in color and transparency. I also touched a few ribbon cables next to it and they began to do the vertical line for a few seconds too if I pushed hard enough. Its definitely the connection between the display chip that lays on top of the tv frame that is fused to the lcd panel.

Let me know if you have discovered any characteristics of this problem too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com