Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA D52W20 blurry picture    

mrd31486

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: RCA D52W20 blurry picture Reply with quote

Hello! I have a RCAD52W20 52" Projection TV I got from a friend. He said it was turning itself off and then not turning back on, just blinking 3 times.

Got the TV home, turned it on and noticed a longer than normal lag before the screen came on (15-20 seconds.) The other problem I noticed is that the picture appears to be very blurry, more on the horizontal axis than the vertical. After being on for an hour or so, it finally shut itself off and would not turn back on.

Following suggestions from other posts online, I checked the solder point to the flyback transformer and noticed that they were cracked. I repaired the connections to the flyback and a couple other areas on the deflection board. I did not see any bad capacitors (visually.)

I've been using the TV for a while now to see if the power issue is resolved, and am not seeing any problems yet. The blurry picture is still there though. It is visible on all inputs, the setup menu, etc. I tried adjusting convergence, adjusting the focus pots behind the front panel, and, as this set has signs of previous repair, I even adjusted the crt lenses. Nothing seems to have helped. I still have a picture that looks smeared from left to right and blurry. Looking inside the tubes, it appears to be noticeable on all colors.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Matt
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

utahtech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all colors out ? If so check 1.25 amp fuse by flyback.
mrd31486

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean by out, but they are all blurry. The color on the screen seems to be saturated somewhat, but it's not overly noticeable. I have checked the fuses next to the flyback and all seem ok.

The power problem did return last night though. Left the set on for a couple hours and came back to find that it shut itself off again and wouldn't turn on. Same 3 start-up attempts and then nothing.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, is the LED blinking 3 times, or is the TV audibly clicking 3 times?
mrd31486

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

led is blinking. I've seen many people have different ideas on how to fix this, resolder, capacitors, etc. Is it going to fix my issue with blurriness though? I see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaEaxnDLQXw&feature=related that someone is replacing the convergence board for, what appears to be, blurriness. ?? I guess I don't know where to start.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

mrd31486

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody else knows where to start either?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com