Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA L46WD22YX11 - Intermittent Sound Problems    

INeedMoreCoffee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: RCA L46WD22YX11 - Intermittent Sound Problems Reply with quote

I have a RCA (Model: L46WD22YX11), a 55" wide screen tv. It is having intermittent sound problems while watching cable. I already gone through the menu and set what I could to factory defaults. Seemed to fix it at the time I was testing with my Xbox via HDMI. Now the cable hooked up with a VHS/DVD player which the cable goes through. Only connections is the RCA cables from the VHS/DVD player and the coaxial cable.

But, I believe I know the problem is. I took the back of the TV apart and there was barely any dust which i thought might be inside the speakers. But I found 8 capacitors either bulging or a slight leak. I listed the specs of the capacitors below.

Do you think WITHOUT a doubt this could be the problem or a firmware/software problem?

This is NOT a smart TV. No Android OS.

Capacitors: Brand SAMXON

1000uF 35v
W9A
105 degrees C8
---------------------
2200uF 6v
GD(M)
105 degrees C8
--------------------
680uF 35v
V8A
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your capacitors are bulging, I would think there's a good chance they are the primary source of your problem.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you are asking if replacing those capacitors will result in a 100% working TV ... I believe that you should be connecting with a religious forum.

We are only the replace what's obviously broken and plug in and see what happens type of forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com