Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA LED52B45RQ Wont Power On    

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: RCA LED52B45RQ Wont Power On Reply with quote

Model: LED52B45RQ

So i aquired this tv in a non working condition and the apparent problem is that when the power button is pressed, the tv does not turn on. When the power button is pressed the red LED will blink off and then back on. Ive used a flashlight to test to see if the backlight has gone out, but i still cannot make out an image. Suspecting the main board I replaced it however that did not solve the problem. All the pins going from the power board to the main board appear to be fine when tested with a multimeter. However where things appear to go wrong is when I test the leads for the LEDs on the power board. When the power button is pressed the voltage jumps to 70V then it immediately starts to taper off taking about a minute to reach 0V. Which is obviously a problem.

So long story short I'm not sure what to try next on this thing. If more information is needed just let me know!

PostPost subject: Advertisement

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with LEDs.

Could have been EEPROM, but you already replaced the Main board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com