Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA M50wh72s ATC332A, repair shop couldn't fix it?    

mark9971

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: RCA M50wh72s ATC332A, repair shop couldn't fix it? Reply with quote

I took my set into to get worked on and it came back with vertical lines. This was not even the original problem. It was shutting off on me. I replaced the light and it did not fix the problem. Now it has these lines and yes it is shutting off again. The repair place said that this was out of their range of expertise. I have found that if I leave a fan running beside it the set will stay on now if I could only fix the lines! Any help would be much appreciated.

Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this an ATC351 chassis?
mark9971

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chassi # ATC332A
mark9971

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone out there seen this problem? If so do you know how to fix it.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the vertical lines were not there when you took the set in for repair it is logical to assume that the problem is a result of that servicing.
Look for a loose LVDS cable, loose or incorrectly installed grounds, loose or incorrect lead dress, etc etc. If you do not know, or are not comfortable with this information. Take the set to a qualified servicer. (warranty authorized servicer).

If you are going to open the set up be forwarned. Make sure that the set is unplugged before you do anything. Do not measure the lamp with a meter while set is on. (your meter will be destroyed and you will have a very bad day).

The shutdown after warm is most likely a poor ventilation problem (plugged up filters) or a power supply problem.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

mark9971

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My major problem is that I live in a small town in Northern Maine and I can not find a qualified servicer. I already paid the other guy almost 350.00 for him to talk to a technician on the phone and try to fix my TV. He replaced the light that cost me 130.00 and replaced two fans that cost me around 100.00 and a board that cost me 150.00. When I picked it up it was not shutting off but had these new lines. He told me that at this point he was beyond his expertise. Oh and in less than a week it was shutting off again. At this point I am thinking it would be more cost effective to just buy a new tv. I am really not sure what i would be looking for to fix a loose connection and I dont want to do something that is going to make it not work at all. Any suggestions would be welcome.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you were robbed. you probably already knew that though.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the person's name Gus?
mark9971

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no not named Gus. So is there any quick way to fix these lines? Does anyone know anyone in the Northern Maine area that I can take this set to or should I just live with the lines at this point and start saving for a new set? If so what is a good set to buy that is going to last me a while and not break after three years. Should I get a rear projection set again or go fo LCD?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are none. Average warranty states 1 year, and you're lucky to get that. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com