Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA P56940 powers on and off by itself    

WurdBendur

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: RCA P56940 powers on and off by itself Reply with quote

Model: P56940
Chassis: PTK195E2P
Service #: P56904YX2

The TV occasionally turns itself on and sometimes won't turn off. When in use, it works for a few minutes and then starts turning itself off after a few seconds, even after it's turned back on. Then all of the buttons stop working. The power button does nothing, and all other buttons cause the television to power off. Once this starts, it will no longer turn back on. Unplugging and plugging back in will allow it to be turned back on.

It's been turning itself on for a while, but the other things started happening more recently. It also sometimes makes a high-pitched squeal that I can barely hear, but it's agonizing for my girl-friend. I opened it up and cleaned out the dust, but I didn't really expect that to fix it anyway. I'm just not sure how to find where the problem is.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suspect the front button panel. check that those switches arent shorted.
WurdBendur

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I disassembled the TV to clean it I plugged it in to test, and it turned itself on with the button board disconnected.

Say what you will about plugging it in while it's taken apart, but I'm pretty sure it's not the button panel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com