Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA R52WH74 looks 3D!!! HELP!!!    

Still_Poppin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: RCA R52WH74 looks 3D!!! HELP!!! Reply with quote

Ive had this tv for 2 years and when I come home from a business trip the tv's screen is all messed up!!! It turns on fine, but when the screen shows everything looks all blurry. After about 10 minutes of having it on it appears as if the screen is in 3D (I know its not but it looks like everything has an outline like when you watch 3D movies without the glasses)... I really need help finding out what is wrong and if its something I can repair myself (I dont have much money and would like to give it a shot... but if it comes down to it I will pony up the cash) PLease help!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible failure's are:

LP650 SMPT broken wire at solder post
BW005 ribbon connector socket bowed
FL231 fuse open
DL231 Diode shorted
RP310 220K resistor open
RP611 220K resistor open

These are the most likely and are only some of the failures possible.

Jesse
Still_Poppin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a way to check and see if any of these problems is a possibility or is it all just guess and go?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resistors can be checked with a ohmeter, diodes can be checked with the diode position of a DVM (digital Volt Meter) the switched mode transformer can be checked via continuity and visual. This listing given is for the most common parts that have failed causing the problem described and should be the first thing checked. Beyond that you enter a troubleshooting procedure. If these parts are good I will need to know a little about your abilities and knowledge before doing troubleshooting. This is so I do not explain what may be obvious to you already.

Jesse
Still_Poppin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now everything your talkin about is a different language to me. As far as TV repair knowledge... i have little. I have technology smarts and am good at setting up and fixing most things, but a tv i have never attempted.

There is no television repair company in the town i live and i figure i might as well give it a shot... rather than throw the thing away.

If you can help me understand how to check these things and what tools i will need.. i would appreciate it... if u think i should just give and and throw the thing away.. let me know that too. I appreciate any help i can get
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com