Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA TV F27647    

pontiacgp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: RCA TV F27647 Reply with quote

I recently ran across a old rca tv model number f27647.the tv powers on and i can here sound coming out of the speakers but the screen is black.i took the back off the tv and i didnt see any obvious damage except a small circle piece of metal that has a wire connected to one side and suppose to be on the other side but it seemed to fell off,this is it[img][/img]
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

pontiacgp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is this and could it be the problem?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a thermistor. You can either get it very hot and solder the leg back on or replace it with a new one. There's one shown here:
http://www.riddledtv.com/journal/RCActc177af3/
pontiacgp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help,I googled forever Very Happy
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be quick about it if you decide to try resoldering the lead back on. The disc has been known to crack or shatter when subjected to QUICK increases in temperature in a small area.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com