Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA TV F32650 Power cycles about 3 times and shuts off    

pclive

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: RCA TV F32650 Power cycles about 3 times and shuts off Reply with quote

The problem actually occurred while the TV was in use (as opposed to just trying to turn on). The power on the TV suddenly went off in a similar fashion to when a Cox cable converter is resetting. The TV came back on but the picture was somewhat distorted and smaller than screen size. The colors were also off. The TV then shut off again...then came back on again. Eventually the TV just stayed off. Seems like some sort of built-in protection that prevents the TV from staying on while in this faulty state. I left unplugged for awhile and removed all other connections (cable, etc.). Now dealing with just the TV and Power. I attempted to turn the power on. The green power light flashes. The TV appears to turn itself off and back on several times (I think 3 times) before staying off. I found several things on the internet that pointed to the Flyback Transformer and HOT. I understand that most likely both of these would need to be replaced as one can cause problems with the other.

So does it sound like I'm on the right track with the flyback transformer and HOT? What about the power supply?

I know the part # for the flyback, but does anyone know the part for the HOT for this model?

thanks
Paul
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: ATC113CA1 Reply with quote

just posting to add that this is the ATC113CA1 chassis.
be sure to check the ATC113 Page at RiddledTV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com