Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
REPAIRED Panasonic PT-53WXD63G convergence out    

ntehicks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: REPAIRED Panasonic PT-53WXD63G convergence out Reply with quote

This TV belongs to my neighbor. so I thought I would help him out and see if I could get it working for him. His kids would really like there video Game tv back.
I wanted to see if there is any other parts besides the SK chips that is recommended to be replaced?
thanks.

Last edited by ntehicks on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

ntehicks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I replaced the STK chips and I am unable to converge the red. the others are working ok. I turned off the tv and opened it back up one of the heatsinks is hot and the other is luke warm. does this mean I have a bad chip?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bias resistors?
?O.K. / Open / Changed value?

ntehicks wrote:
I am unable to converge the red. the others are working ok.

How were they working BEFORE the chips were changed?
ntehicks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked all of the 2.2ohm 82ohm and 120ohm 2 watt resistors in the area of the STK chips. the 82 and 120 show a dead short the 2.2 test good in circuit. I have floated one side on all of the resisters and they all test good.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you "unable to converge the red, while the others worked ok" with the ORIGINAL chips installed?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check for solder splashes
ntehicks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the Original chips none of the Convergence would adjust. with the new chips the Red is the only thing that won't adjust. and I notice one of the stk's gets alot hotter than the other.
I have looked for solder splashes/bridges. I will double check this..and get back with you.
ntehicks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help.. I noticed as I soldered back in place the one side of each of the resistors in the convergence section that the solder connections didn't look very good. Lots of cold solder joints. I re flowed and then put the boards all back in. Tested and convergence is now perfect. I think my neighbor will be happy. To test it out I watched the movie Avatar. This tv has a great picture. Once again thanks for your help..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com