Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
REPAIRED!!! Sony Bravia KDL-46S2000 4 Red blinks    

ntehicks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: REPAIRED!!! Sony Bravia KDL-46S2000 4 Red blinks Reply with quote

I have a sony bravia KDL-46S2000 when I first turn the tv on the green light lights up and the backlight comes on and I can see lettering on the screen for 1 second and then click the red light starts to flash and flashes four times and then pauses and repeats the 4 blinks. I was hoping to find someone that had the same issue and could point me in the direction to resolve the problem. thanks for your help.

Last edited by ntehicks on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=930762

E33166803 service bulletin.
ntehicks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: LCD inverter Boards Reply with quote

This TV has 4 inverter boards. an upper and lower on each side. most I have seen have a live set and a dummy set on the other side. this one has live sets on both sides. I have looked at several training and repair manuals and none of them look like my tv. they look close but not the same. is there a way to test each board. like testing each transformer to see if one has opened or such.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your boards ARE included in the service bulletin.
ntehicks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have a copy of the service bulletin?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on the link in my first post (in this thread ... NOT my very first post here Laughing ). When the AVS thread appears, scroll down to the two rapidshare links, click the bottom one, tahdah!
ntehicks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so on the service bulletin it told me to test the fuses on both inverter boards. I tested all fuses and they all tested good. I then connected only one side of inverter boards and the tv fired up and stayed on. I then connected all the boards back up and fired it on to look at the screen. the upper right corner is dark. my question would be would you replace just the top inverter board or would you replace both top and bottom?
ntehicks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the new right inverter and installed it. Yes!!! it fixed the TV we have watched it for a few hours looks great. thanks for all of your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com