Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Replaced ICs & Coolant - Convergance still off    

aaronbaird1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Replaced ICs & Coolant - Convergance still off Reply with quote

Philips Magnavox 60PP902

My friend replaced the ICs before he gave it to me. I just finished replacing the coolant on the green and blue tubes. I never touched the red tube. These are my steps.

1) I made sure the convergence was good before replacing the coolent in the green and blue.
2) Afterwords, i turned on the tv and MANUALLY adjusted (using the tabs on the tube) the center convergence of the green and blue to match the red.

Now I have two problems...

1) When doing a multipoint convergence, the green and blue colors still appear to be blurry /fuzzy compared to the red color. The green cross hair forms a hazy outline around the sharper red one. Also, the screen still has a red tint to it that i cant make go away by adjusting the menus tint level.

2) When doing a multipoint convergence on either blue or red, the center cross hair is lined up pretty well, but the further from the center the more off it is. Almost like one color is bigger than the other.

3) Lastly, when there is white text on a darker background it looks like the blue color outlines the text. Not like its misaligned, but enlarged.

Is it possible that I screwed up the focus when changing the coolant. Any suggestions are welcome.

Aaron
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd clean the glass and the backside of the screen. Also redo the *electronic* focus and screen voltage knobs.
aaronbaird1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, i agree that it is out of focus. I cleaned the glass and screen and lenses when I replaced the coolant.

How do I know which knobs control what?

What should I calibrate it to? A Picture? The Convergence screen?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com