Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
replacing a flyback transformer    

mountain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: replacing a flyback transformer Reply with quote

27" RCA TV
Model # 27GT624
Chas. # CTC185AB3

What is the procedure to remove the board the transformer is mounted to?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disassemble step-by-step (take notes, if you think its necessary), cutting/unfastening wire ties, disconnecting/unplugging connectors, sliding board back out of the slots it rests in (releasing any catches/hooks/screws, etc.), as needed until the board is removed to your satisfaction. Reverse to reassemble.

May I ask why you think it needs to have the flyback transformer replaced?

I'd only take the set as far apart as is needed to do the repair.
mountain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: flyback transformer Reply with quote

I was able to get it apart. I read many items of what my tv was doing. It would click three or four times and not come on. It all fell in where the transformer was bad. I also read in the forums that there could be something else along with the flyback transformer. After replacing the transformer, it still does the same thing. All I need to do is find out what.

Thank you for your response. I did do it as you explained.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was trying to determine/prevent.

9 out of 10 times a particular part IS the cause of a particular failure.

But for one out of ten units with the SAME symptoms, there may be more than one thing that can cause that failure. That's what I find challenging about electronics repair.
mountain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the story of my life. I have to be the odd one. Do you have any suggestions on where to go?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"10" is an "even" number.

Since you said it "still clicks 3 - 4 times and not come on," I presume it's got stand-by voltages.

Start with power supply.
Does raw B-plus make it to the regulator device and does the regulator drive I.C. have power and put out drive?
If primary is good, are secondary voltages present and correct?

If primary and secondaries O.K., is Horizontal output transistor O.K. and does it have drive?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like JTS, I also suspect the HOTransistor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com