Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung CI3351A Picture too far to the left    

Kayjay

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Samsung CI3351A Picture too far to the left Reply with quote

I have bought the CI3351A to use with a legacy computer I built in the 70's. When I turn on the computer the cursor is invisible until I enter a character and then the cursor and subsequent characters are visible.

I need to be able to move the picture to the right slightly so that the very left edge of the scan is visible, i.e. the first column of the computer characters.

Can anyone help ?

Keith
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is not a Customer control for width or centering, you could try:

Horizontal Phase Adjustment
If you want to move the centre of the picture, adjust Horizontal Phase control (VR401).
Kayjay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I'll have a look at that.

Incidentally, I purchased a circuit diagram and a couple of other items from a website last night for a very small amount. Unfortunately they are a complete mess, very poorly scanned and made into a pdf, the circuit itself is just a blur, you get what you pay for eh?

I mention this because you are able to quote the number of the variable resistor on my model, do you have circuits etc for this model ? if you do, would it be possible for me to have a copy? I'd be very grateful.

Regards
Keith
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.goldhand.com.pl/rtv/viewtopic.php?p=73178#73178
All I needed was in the adjustments.

I forget which one I got, but at least one 'Samsung P68SA' was quite clear from here:
http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&what=samsung%20p68sa&kategoria=&kat2=schematics
Kayjay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, found a good one. One or two were identical to the one I bought, seems like the site I bought it from is downloading them free from these links and then selling them on, very unscrupulous for sure ! I won't quote the site name though.

Thanks again
Keith
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Kayjay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly I have to say that TV's are not my gig, I'm heavily into digital electronics (hence my love of building Z80 based equipment and playing with my 70's Z80 computer) but analogue leaves me cold .......

OK, I've just taken the cover off the tv, 4 easy to reach screws, the whole back then just slides off very easily. The circuit board is in a bracket at the bottom of the set and the VR401 is right at the rear edge of the PCB, very easy to get at, so it's now just a matter of adjusting the pot until I achieve my desired position.

Sorry, I suppose all this is old hat to you but to me I've just done a miracle Smile now I've got to come back from flying over the moon Smile

Thanks again for you assistance.

Keith
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com