Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung hcn473w, perfect focus line stuck on the screen    

darrell323

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Samsung hcn473w, perfect focus line stuck on the screen Reply with quote

Hey, I was trying to adjust the hidden menu settings on my tv, trying to get the convergence better, was trying to also set the perfect focus so that it would work and not read no sensor data. Somehow I accidentally hit the wrong setting adjustment and now every time I turn my tv on it has perfect focus lines moving and changing color like they normally would only it doesn't revert back to the screen, instead it stays black with usually a green perfect focus line down the center of the screen.
Now as odd as it may sound my regular adjustment menus pop up on the screen as they normally would in full color. However the hidden menu is still blank (cannot see it) still this whole time the green line does not go away. Screen stays black even when the regular menu pops up. Can anyone help? I bought this tv 2 months ago and it always worked fine until I tried to make the pic quality better through the hidden menus

Any help would be very appreciated

Darrell
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrell:
Have you tried re-entering the service mode and hitting (correcting) the "wrong setting adjustment," and then exiting the service menu?

Jim:
Maybe making this a "Sticky" or posting it with "Need to access the service menu" (Horror Stories)?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

every single one of the service menu posts says in bold:

NOTICE: MUST READ BEFORE USING SERVICE CODES!!!
RiddledTV.com provides this information for those that are qualified and trained to do TV repair work. Entering or making changes in service mode by untrained persons can cause significant and permanent damage to your television. If you are not qualified to service your television, please DO NOT ENTER these service menu codes.
darrell323

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim.
If what u mean is trying to reverse what I have done, yes I have tried, unfortunetly the hidden menus are not visible only the regular menu. As for the post about not using hidden menu, unfortunetly ther is no technicians close to wher I live, 14 hour drive is the closest for me, so its not really worth it to bring my tv that far. I'm hopeing someone knows how to reset the board or something, it seems odd that the regular menus still pop up fine and I get volume.
sharpesh00ter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue with "no sensor data" when I hit my perfect focus button. How can I get into the service menu to try to fix this?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade School? Laughing

http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/samsung-tv-service-menu-codes-plasma-lcd-crt-rptv-t291.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com