Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
samsung HL-T5075S dlp bulb, ballast, power supply problem?    

hlt5075sx/xaa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: samsung HL-T5075S dlp bulb, ballast, power supply problem? Reply with quote

hello everyone, I apologize for such a long post but figure the more detail the better, Also thanks in advance Very Happy . I have a 50in Samsung Dlp given to me:

Model # HL-T5075S
Model Code HLT5075SX/XAA
Version PD01
Manufactered date 5/8/07
Not sure were the chassis code is??

1) I was told it had a bad bulb an purchased one from "Shopjimmy.com" with a 12 month warranty. Installed the bare bulb into the old housing and installed it into the TV.
2) It first came on for about a minute an then cut back off giving me a lamp error code "3 flashing lights". Power supply relays clicked, fans came on, color wheel spun up, an bulb lit, had picture an sound for 1 min.
looked thru some forums an decided to pull the bulb housing slightly out an reinstall it, TV seemed to come on for a couple minutes, repeated this a 3rd an 4th time and TV stayed on for 15 min then 2 hrs till i went to sleep an shut it off.
3) The next morning the TV lasted 15 minutes before cutting out an giving me "3 flashing light". later that evening i repeated my steps of pulling the bulb housing in an out and TV seemed to react the same way. By the 3rd time of removing and replacing the housing it again stayed on till i went to sleep an shut it off.
4) By the 4th day removing and installing the bulb housing quit working and after 1-3 minutes mt TV would power down an give me "3 flashing light". Now during this 4 day period when the TV would power down it would attempt to relight itself 3 times before shutting off giving me the "3 light code"
5) I again turned to my computer searching forums an came to the conclusion i needed a Ballast, (Due to finding 6 or so tiny resistors on the underside had blackened) purchased a new one and installed it.
6) Upon installing the new ballast an turning on the TV the bulb failed to ignite, actually it didn't even try to ignite. No buzz from ballast, No flicker from bulb, Nothing!! TV chimes, power relays click, fans turn on and color wheel spins up upon pressing power button.
6) This is were i stand 50 bucks for a bulb another 50 for a ballast and no TV! I've brought out my multi tester and have 310-315vdc from the power supply to the ballast, also checked the signal wires (1 blue and 4 white) from the DMD board to the ballast: (1)5.01vdc (2)0.0vdc"ground" (3)5.01vdc (4)5.01vdc (5)5.01vdc .
7) I am now leaning towards a bad power supply, ive checked and have no capacitors swollen or exploded on either my old ballast or power supply. My color wheel an fans work, and ive also bypassed my temp and door safety switch. Is there any thing ive missed?

Again thanks in advance for your help -Tony-
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

hlt5075sx/xaa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know what voltage my power suply is supposed to be? it seems to be low compared to comprable samsung models which seem to be in the 340-380vdc range... would that cause the ballast not to fire at all?
titodj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever figured out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com