Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung HL56A650C1F DLP not powering on    

DigitalTD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Samsung HL56A650C1F DLP not powering on Reply with quote

Hi there.

I have a 56" Samsung DLP TV that is about 4-5 years old. When attempting to power on the TV it makes a crackling type of sound and will not fully power on or display anything on the screen.

It will continue to cycle and power itself on, It tries then it stops then it will try again and every time that it tries it makes the crackling sound. The TV wont allow me to power it down unless i unplug it.

I took off the side door where the lamp is located and noticed that every time it tried to power on the lamp will come on for a brief moment and that crackling sound would happen every time the lamp lit up. I took out the lamp and tried firing it up without it and it did the same thing but this time it just shut itself down after 1 try. I have since put the lamp back into the TV but now every time i hit power on it doesn't attempt to cycle through to turn itself on anymore, it just shuts down.

Any ideas what this may be? Ive been told a color wheel by other professionals but my gut is telling me that it isn't the color wheel. Could it be the Ballast?

thanks for your time.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

model number?
DigitalTD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll try and get that later when im home (currently at work).

If it helps its those black Samsung models that have the round button center4ed at the bottom of the set, when you press it it turns the ring around the button blue.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigitalTD wrote:
If it helps its those black Samsung models that have the round button center4ed at the bottom of the set, when you press it it turns the ring around the button blue.

That's sort of like saying: The license plate mounts in the center of the cars bumper.
DigitalTD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha my bad

HL56A650C1F

Thanks for your help!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

DigitalTD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have any idea?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com