Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung HLN617W Fan   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

TXNinCALI

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Samsung HLN617W Fan Reply with quote

I have a 2003 Samsung HLN617W TV. It just needs the fan replaced. How do I go about replacing the fan?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be a little more specific, there are three fans in this unit.
Need to know which one you wish to replace. It is desirable to physically observe the fans to make sure they are bad. Are you getting a fan message or??
TXNinCALI

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Samsung Fan Reply with quote

It is the fan on the right behind the vent screen. The fan is making a high pitched whiring sound. I am not getting a fan message.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is more likely that you have a defective color wheel. After the set has been turned on for a few minutes, turn the set off, if the squeel stops right away, it is the color wheel making the noise. If it continues for several minutes, the fan is bad. I have had many more color wheels fail with this symptom than fans.
The part number for the color wheel is BP96-00250A
To change the color wheel, be very careful and use good disassembly practices (do not force, rip, tear etc, etc) It is easily removed and replaced but it is very fragil. The Wholesale price of this component is $97.40 + whatever markup/handling/shipping the vender charges.

If you need the part number for the fan let me know.

Jesse
TXNinCALI

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Samsung Fan Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.
It continues as long as the set is on and contines after it is turned off until the set powers down completely. That's why I think it's the fan.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part number for the fan = BP31-00001A
The Wholesale price is 26.59 +++
You can further check the fan by removing the back, holding (taping) the Lamp door Switch closed and turning the set on. Be careful about touching the circuit board on top of the fan housing as you will never forget the shock recieved. With the set on you can stick a pencil into the fan and the noise should stop instantly if the fan is at fault. The set will run only for a few seconds with the fan stopped. Do this as soon as you turn on the set as this will prevent the lamp from becoming very hot. The lamp can be damaged some if you stop the fan and the set shuts down with the Lamp is being very hot.

Good luck

Jesse
TXNinCALI

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Samsung Fan Reply with quote

Thanks for your help Jesse!

Larry
TXNinCALI

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Samsung Fan Reply with quote

You were right, its the color wheel.
beachterp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Instructions? Reply with quote

Did you find online step-by-step instructions to replace the color wheel..?? My TV is doing the exact same thing you described, so I likely need to go the route of replacing the color wheel on my own.
togati

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Fan N0. 2 Reply with quote

I get the message Fan no. 2. I ordered the fan and replaced it and still get the message. When I look through the back the fan is not turning. Any sugestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com