Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung HLN617W shuts down    

dz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Samsung HLN617W shuts down Reply with quote

I have a Samsung HLN617W, that worked perfectly until a few days ago. The TV turns on and there is great picture and sound, then after 3 minutes the picture goes black and then the sound quits and the TV shuts itself off. There is two blinking lights on the front. In order to turn the TV on again, I have to unplug it. I can then turn it on, but after 3 minutes the same thing happens. Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Can it be fixed?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My crystal ball recently suffered a fatal error (it fell and smashed on the floor) and hence I'm unable to devine the labels on your blinking lights... Sad
sekjr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Shut down Reply with quote

I have a similar problem and am trying to find a fix.

I found a post that was exhaustive and detailed, and the guy found an IC120 I recall - that was bad, and a capacitor!

I've been trying to find that post, but have had no luck. It starts out talking about the problem with some expert, and they go back n forth about 10 times until the guy says he found the problem.

If I find that post, I'll get it to you.

Thanks
Stan
Farmington, CT
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think you're looking for this one: http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/samsung-hln617w-how-do-i-test-the-ballast-t1772.html

a couple of posts down the page from yours
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com