Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung HLP-5674WX XAA strange flicker    

izlude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Samsung HLP-5674WX XAA strange flicker Reply with quote

My model is the Samsung HLP5674WX XAA.

My symptoms begin with the colors flickering and inverting (greens going red etc...) Then it stays that way. Later on, it flickers some more and it's like the picture ghosts itself as garbage all over the place.

Eventually it gets so bad, the screen shuts off and all the lights in the front begin to blink.

My light bulb appears to be steady (the lamp should be fine) Here's some photos for you to see.

This person's video is quite similar, if not, exactly the same as what I've got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1FGpHd1bp0

Last edited by izlude on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're missing some letters on the beginning of your model number. Perhaps HLP?
izlude

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it has hlp in front. can you help?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd guess color wheel, but I'm not too confident on that.
izlude

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that i think of it... i am wondering if it's over heating. do you know what typical over heating symptoms are for a projector tv?

the color is absolutely fine until it begins flickering. (that's only after it's been on about 30 minutes)

otherwise i get a clear color picture no problem.

question now... am i supposed to be hearing a fan all while the TV is on? i hear absolutely nothing back there.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com