Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung HP-R4252 Have Sound No Picture    

NismoDrift240

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Samsung HP-R4252 Have Sound No Picture Reply with quote

It's all black except for a small flashing red pixel blob.
Pressing source changes source, but not picture (still flashing blob).
ex. Can hear the cable TV but cant see it.

Problem(s) started as a black bar (no picture/backlight) on the left side, as if 4:3 mode on one side.
I slapped the back of the TV on that side (yea I know, stupid me. CRT-era-fix) hoping it would fix, but made picture go away and just flash a red pixelated blob.

Flashing corresponds with a faint electrical buzzing (like when changing source?) on the back, it sounds like it's coming from the Y-Sustain (?) board (pictured below). Real faint, but the only noise/action i was hearing (I had all sources unplugged for silence).

-Opened back. No blown caps (none visibly domed).
-Tested all glass snap-in fuses. All ok.
-Tested all (I think all) small green pico fuses. All (i think all) tested ok
-replaced "TCon board" per Google-ing (I believed it to be the TCon board), PCB No. LJ41-03387A says MODEL NO: 42HD S4.0 LOGIC MAIN (pictured below). No change.

I am stumped. Did I replace the wrong board? Is there a fuse I may have missed? Any direction/input/help?

I would post a pic of the blob, but I wanted to leave the TV off to keep it discharged to work on it. I found a YouTube video that was the closest to duplicating the problem, but no there was no fix posted (I even emailed the guy and never heard back).

YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSgXrgEt2Mc

Thank you!

TCon/Login Main - board replaced

Y-Sustain board
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com