Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung HPT5044X/XAA y-sus board burned    

Dalinkwent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Samsung HPT5044X/XAA y-sus board burned Reply with quote

This is my first post to this forum, so before I get started I would just like to say hi to everyone, and thank you in advance for any and all help I get.

Okay so I have a Samsung HPT5044X/XAA that was given to me by a relative. The problem with the TV is there was sound but no picture, so I did some research and found on that it may be the Y Sustain board. I replaced the Y SUS board and in that process noticed that the top Y Buffer Board had a severely burned out chip

So I saw on Youtube that if you take out the top Buffer Board the bottom Board might be able to give some sort of image on the bottom of the TV. I hope I explained that correctly. My problem is that when I remove the Top Board the TV still has no picture. So I'm wondering does that mean the my problem is the Top Board? Or something else? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

curtis wolfe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAD - SHORTED Y-SUS BOARD AND UPPER BUFFER IC'S BAD BAD
THIS IS COMMON FOR BAD PANEL ON THE MODEL. FIX IS Q5500 AND Q5304 MOSFET SHORTED AND UPPER BUFFER PIN 45 CN5407 HAS 15 OHM SHORT TO GROUND/REPLACE BUFFER BOARD.
Dalinkwent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. I was teetering on the edge of whether I should buy the Buffer Boards or not, but now I think I will just spend the $100 and get them. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com