Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung LA32B530P7RXXP - powers down after 5 seconds    

hasselback

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Samsung LA32B530P7RXXP - powers down after 5 seconds Reply with quote

Hot on the heels of my first successful TV repair, my wife has requested that I take a stab a the OTHER broken set we have in our home.

It's a Samsung, model number LA32B530P7RXXP. When you plug it in and power it up, it acts "normally" for the first five or six seconds and then powers down. I had this problem previously and did a Google search for some sort of factory reset. My search resulted in some advice to hold the power button for a period of time to effectuate a reset. This worked for a while.

After working fine for a bit, the problem resurfaced in the same manner as before. I again tried the reset, but this time to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

George.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OM= Page 29. Has EXIT held to reset to the factory defaults.

A good visual inspection of innards. (TVs, NOT yours.)
hasselback

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this, but to no avail.

Also, my memory was a bit faulty. The set only powers up for about a second or two before shutting back down. When I tried holding "Exit," it didn't behave any differently. I tried this both when the TV was turned off (plugged in, but before pushing the power button), and when it was on, before it shut itself down. The only effect holding exit has is that the small red light on the front of the set blinks rapidly, indicating it is getting some signal from the remote.

Any other suggestions?

G.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had held the Power button - not Exit button.

Any visual defects on any boards? Puffed lytics, burnt areas, etc.

Otherwise, since I don't get much via SJ, I guess you'll try giving out board part numbers and see if connectors are well labeled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com