Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung LA40M81BM / XTL Power problem clicking    

kip00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Samsung LA40M81BM / XTL Power problem clicking Reply with quote

I have a Samsung LCD TV model LA40M81BM / XTL...
It clicks when trying to power it up but never powers on...

After playing with the tv I discovered that if I hold down the power button for about 20 seconds the tv powers on and operates normally..

I then proceeded to open up the back of the tv and check the power supply and sure enough 2 bulging capacitors Located at CM852 and CM853 both are 2200uf 10v on the BN44-00165A POWER SUPPLY..

I then proceed to replace the two obvious bad capacitors but I have the same clicking problem and the tv will only power on when I hold down the power button..

Is it something I'm missing??
Could it be a bad relay??
DO I need to just order a new power supply??

Thanks in advance..
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

classymousetech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capacitors can go bad without being visibly blown. As a rule of thumb, you always want to replace all of the electrolytic capacitors at the same time, blown or not. I don't usually bother with the monsters (if they're more than 1" wide or 2.5" tall), or the tiny ones (100uf or less & 50V or less) unless they're visibly blown, but I do replace all of the rest.
If that doesn't do it, just replace the whole power supply. In fact, here's the link to a new one: http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn44-00167a-power-supply.htm
Looking at the picture, I would replace all 7 of the caps in the upper right corner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com