Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
samsung le32r73bd has sound, no picture    

stu76

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: samsung le32r73bd has sound, no picture Reply with quote

hi all techs.

i have a samsung lcd tv
has sound but no picture.
model number is le32r73bd

any help or advice appreciated asap.

thankyou
regards.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

andym201

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what, thought I'd keep you company. I have same set and today the same fault developed. This seems to be an on-going issue with SAMSUNG judging by the number of times it comes up in posts on the internet Sad My set has the later BN96 PSU board that doesn't suffer from erupting capacitors but clearly overall reliability is an ongoing issue with this tv manufacturer.

Fault must be with the main PSU board or the Inverter board that drives the backlights. Managed to acquire circuit diagram of the main PSU but its late now so I'll continue tomorrow. First thing will be to check if there's 24volt output to drive the backlight inverters or not i.e is the fault on the PSU board or the backlight inverter board.

I'm into electronics though not a tv repair engineer but I'll keep you posted.
andym201

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a bit more on it - the PSU is producing 24 volts so seems ok. Next step before deciding to replace the inverter board will be to check the control signal that tells the inverter board to start up. Not sure where it comes from as I haven't dowloaded the full service manual for the set but I should be able to watch for any change in the line with a meter when the set changes from standby to run mode.
andym201

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a bit more poking around - pretty certain its the inverter board.
Discovered how cheap second hand tested boards are from UKTVPARTS so discretion being the better part and all that - I ordered both boards. The whole lot came to 89 including delivery.

Ok whichever board it is will probably end up going the same way but at the price compared with a new board and engineer call out costs the second hand solution seems a bargain to me.

Might even get the set working before Xmas Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com