Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung le37a686 tv urgent help please    

Baggiemad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Samsung le37a686 tv urgent help please Reply with quote

Well what a mess!! Had this tv just 4 years and been great till now...

Just installed this tv on bedroom wall, works great with sky magic eye/tv aerial. Last night was watching MOTD and the colours were all over the place , people blurry and ghosting awful , really awful picture.

So...I searched the net high and low and found this on you tube which is very similar picture issue to mine..

http://youtu.be/Q1bg9qP_qic

Went into the service menu no problem by pressing info/menu/mute on the remote as video -no joy.
The only other setting I changed was under 'information' called 'checkSum' it says wait and nothing happens..

Turned off tv and on again now have no sky tv from magic eye OR DTV channels just a blank screen with no signal.

I have reset factory settings, scanned for channels ,it won't even let me access DTV channels on my remote it just says 'not available'

what have I done? I should have found this forum before messing with the service menu but was the screen shot anyway?

Can anyone help me at all please?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can use the Samsung service menu, for such things as resetting the digital tuner, a total factory reset and enabling/disabling hotel mode. In this mode you must be careful as you can cause irreparable damage to your set.

Solarization can be a defective tcon board.
Baggiemad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solarization can be a defective tcon board.[/quote]

Fair comment I realise now I shouldn't have messed with service menu (I blame you tube!) but question is was tv colour issue buggered before I started messing ?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to reputable source: http://www.ask8ball.net/

Most Likely.
Baggiemad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so the big questions are

1/ is it worth repairing with new board?

2/ will the service menu be reset to factory after new board fitted?

3/ repair myself or get tv engineer?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com