Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung LE37S86BDX - Popping noises, distorted image    

Skari

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Samsung LE37S86BDX - Popping noises, distorted image Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I have a Samsung LE37S86BDX TV that was bought in 2007.

It makes really loud popping noises when I turn it on. The image appears and goes away, a few times. It has distorted lines across it. I thought this was all due to the infamous bad capacitors that Samsung used at that time. So I had them all replaced with new ones. But the problem remains and now I have no idea what it could be. After about 90 seconds the problem goes away and the TV works normally. If you turn it off and back on, it will work normally. But if you wait for a few hours and then turn it back on, the problem happens again.

Here is a video of the problem:
https://youtu.be/bXLyRCNqZoY

Thank you very much.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean ends of ribbon cables to tcon board.
Skari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Clean ends of ribbon cables to tcon board.

How do I clean them? Thanks.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unplug one at a time and run a dampened Q-tip back and forth over contacts, or light pressure using a pencil eraser.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com