Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung LN-R283WX LCD HDTV standby light flashing, no power    

loserspearl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Samsung LN-R283WX LCD HDTV standby light flashing, no power Reply with quote

This is a Samsung LN-R283WX LCD HDTV. It didn't power on all day and the standby light was flashing. At some point in time it stopped flashing and turned on. It was working for a few hours and the next day it had the same problem. I have read that this is typically a power supply issue. Can anyone attest to that?

There are two caps on the PSU that are not exactly flat on top, a very small bulge (smaller that a mm) but not broken or leaking, it's hard to tell if that is the issue.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be less than a buck a piece.

Worth a try, provided somebody can safely wield a soldering iron.
loserspearl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how to solder but there is nowhere locally that I can buy the two caps in question. I can just by a working PSU for $20, which I will probably do. I was just curious if others have heard of a blinking standby light without power seems typical of a bad PSU because I don't know how to test my PSU with a voltmeter.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's 'locally?'

How come there are ONLY 4 Google results (2 posted by YOU
) for the model number you've given?

Chassis number?
loserspearl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Where's 'locally?'

How come there are ONLY 4 Google results (2 posted by YOU
) for the model number you've given?

Chassis number?

I'm just north of tampa fl, kind of in the boonies, and the module is cheap ebay so I'm not worried.

Ha, yeah I laughed at that too. It is a fairly common samsung model too, mine is just the smaller 720p version. I typically use duckduckgo which surprisingly had more results.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com