Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung LN-T1953H - takes forever to power on    

theprez

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Samsung LN-T1953H - takes forever to power on Reply with quote

I've had this little kitchen TV (Samsung LN-T1953H) for 8 years, and it has worked fine until recently. It started to take longer than usual to power up and show picture/sound. First it was just a minute or so, then a couple of minutes, then 3 or 4, and it continues to take longer and longer. This morning it took nearly 15 minutes to come on. Once it does, everything works perfectly, but the wait is agonizing.
I'm wondering (before I just bail and look for a new one), could this be something simple? I'm not a skilled repairman, but I have cracked more than my share of electronic musical gear over the years, and I know my way around with a soldering iron Razz Could this be something as simple as a bad cap? Please note, I have tried pulling the plug for 30 minutes in case it is something that might "re-set", and I've contacted Samsung, but they have no "software updates" or "return to default" software available. Obviously it's not a huge expense to replace, but I am curious to get some professional input.
Thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theprez wrote:
Could this be something as simple as a bad cap?

If you won't look, you can't see.
theprez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can dive in, looking for an obviously charred part, but I was hoping I might find a little direction pointing first.
Thanks though.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power Supply - puffed capacitors.

Board numbers may help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com