Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung LN-T4071F Slow picture update    

gubni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Samsung LN-T4071F Slow picture update Reply with quote

I have been working on TVs for a few months. Most are power problems, but I have a few that have stumped me. This is one that I need help with.

If I display a still picture it is perfect, but any motion at all takes maybe 30 seconds to update the picture.

Imagine the left side of the screen had a picture of a hand and the next frame was to have that pic on the right side. It would take awhile for the picture on the left to fade away.

I was told this is a problem with the LCD, but I don't like that answer.

No prior history, it was brought to me in the condition. Power voltages all look good. Tried reflow of BGA chip and it didn't help.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

classymousetech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried replacing the LVDS cable? It's typically a $15 part, and I've seen all kinds of picture problems caused by them.
I would also suspect a possible T-Con board failure.
Let us know how this turns out, I'm really curious.
gubni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classymousetech wrote:
Have you tried replacing the LVDS cable? It's typically a $15 part, and I've seen all kinds of picture problems caused by them.
I would also suspect a possible T-Con board failure.
Let us know how this turns out, I'm really curious.

I have not tried replacing any parts. What is the LVDS cable? I would suspect I can test it with a meter right?

I agree it sounds like t-con, but not sure. I hate guessing when it's possibly a bad screen.
classymousetech

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LVDS cables can't really be tested, you just replace them. It's typically a very fat ribbon cable (some larger TVs have 2), running from the mainboard to the T-Con board. I would definitely replace that before replacing the T-Con board. T-Con failures are very rare, but LVDS cables go out all the time. Just look for any part numbers on it, you should see some like in this picture: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/erotmil/2009-11-19_013537_TconInset.jpg
Also, as another possiblity (albeit a slim one), the firmware may have become corrupt. This is unlikely, but possible. I didn't see any firmware updates on the Samsung website, so you would have to replace the mainboard to correct that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com