Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung LN-T4671F Control Problems    

spags13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Samsung LN-T4671F Control Problems Reply with quote

RE: Samsung LN-T4671F......TV Control Problems.............Have replaced Power Supply Board once, for the flickering power issues going back a couple years. Second time it happened, replaced bad capacitors with the higher voltage rating.
When installed board with new good higher voltage caps, the audio was stuck between low and medium. Remote control or side of TV controls did not work at all.
Stayed with that for a while, then tried replacing caps with original voltage and as soon as I plugged in TV, volume on screen starting moving to lowest setting by itself.
Now I have no sound/audio whatsoever.
Great Picture with no sound.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the volume panel button open or closed?
spags13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler wrote:
is the volume panel button open or closed?

Don't know exactly what you mean by"volume panel".
There is no panel on TV for controls.
Just the signs on front right side for Power, Source, + VOL - , <CH> ,
I think they used to light up, but you just pressed on them to work.

I'm thinking that maybe changing the bad caps with higher voltage good caps, 2 of them from 10v to 16v might have affected whatever powers
the control panel and /or ir sensor for remote control.
But I'm far from an expert, so I'm really confused as to what might have caused this to happen, and where on power supply board or other board I could check for problem, or specific location that controls these functions.

I do have an extra power supply board that I can mess around with, with both 10 and 16v extra caps for replacement.

Thanks for your quick response.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, those are the buttons I was referring to. I suspect that the buttons are jammed or failing in general.

I doubt changing it from 10v to 16v would cause that, unless you accidentally bridged a circuit with a solder splash. I think it's more likely that some other component is causing that behavior.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or plugging a connector into the wrong spot ... or bending one or more pins of a connector as its being plugged in, etc.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

spags13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ended up getting a local tv repair guy, who replaced main board, and got my ir sensor and remote working again.
Controls on side of TV still not working. But that was another problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com