Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung LN40A450C1DXZA Power supply replacement    

yufrettin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Samsung LN40A450C1DXZA Power supply replacement Reply with quote

I have a 42" Samsung LCD tv which had no power. Im aware of the capacitor problems with samsung and called the manufacturer. Luckily they sent a repair tech, even though this tv was no longer under warranty, who replaced the capacitors which were bad. Samsung covered this replacement and I was not charged.

However my tv was still not getting any power and I was told that the power supply also needed to be replaced. I was quoted $150 to do the job.

I found the power supply online (shopjimmy.com) for about $60 - half of the part price I was quoted. They quoted me a labor charge of $30 and I can order the part and bring it in to them to replace. However I'm wondering if it's difficult to replace the part myself.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$30 is a steal for labor.

Usually there is a minimum ~$75 just to deal with you.
yufrettin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They already received payment for labor and parts and house visit from Samsung for the capacitors replacement... which is likely why they are charging me $30 instead of more, I would guess that they've already made a profit at this point.

There isn't alot of information online on how to replace a power supply but from what I've seen there's no soldering involved and it's pretty clear cut. If it's something I could do myself it would really help me out.

Thanks!
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plug 'n Play.

Remove plugs, marking if you must;
remove fasteners;
swap boards;
install fasteners & plugs;
Done.
yufrettin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plug n play is something I can do. Thank you JTS!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot dis-assembly and reassembly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com