Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung LN46a540p2f - not turning on    

gi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Samsung LN46a540p2f - not turning on Reply with quote

hi guys
So my samsung LN46A540P2f is not turning on and doing the usual clicking fault that would be associated with a bad capacitor. I opened it up and could see no visible bulging so i decided to go round with a voltmeter to see if the capacitors will take and retain charge. The cap in CM853 was not taking charge so i took it out and soldered in a replacement. The replacement will not charge either and the old capacitor works now it's off the board. It's like there is a bridge completely bypassing the cap even though no problems are visible. I'm completely stumped now and have no clue what to do next. Any help would really be appreciated.

I'm trying to upload some pics but it won't let me.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your monitor has the following symptoms you should consider replacing the capacitors.
No picture but power LED is on
Picture disappears after start-up
Screen Flickering
Slow start-up
Dim backlighting.
Where's usual clicking fault in that list?

Try unplugging the side A/V Input board.
gi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Sorry for the late reply, I've been really busy with college.

I just put the boards back in to see what the TV was doing. The click sound comes every 3 seconds. When it clicks, the LED lights up for 1 second and then goes back out. What do you think the fault could be?

I've got all day to play about with this. i can give a quick response on any tests or questions.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Try unplugging the side A/V Input board.
gi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've unplugged/reconnected all connectors and no change to the fault
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've tried unplugging the side A/V board and left rest of the connectors connected and set still has the same fault, then it doesn't involve the side A/V board.

Can you document:
gi wrote:
doing the usual clicking fault that would be associated with a bad capacitor.

I can't recall seeing or hearing about this.
gi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry man I'm a little slow. Did u mean unplug the AV board and then turn the TV on with the AV board disconnected? When I do that, nothing happens at all. no LED and no clicking.
gi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I said "doing the usual clicking fault that would be associated with a bad capacitor." i just mean "A clicking sound every 3 seconds. When it clicks, the LED lights up for 1 second and then goes back out." Everything i read online says that the most common fault associated with clicking is a bad cap
gi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUgwBEUhUYE

Could that be the source of the problem? He doesn't really give the symptoms of his fault, but it's the only thing I can find that doesn't just say that it's a bad cap. Sounds a bit dodgy tho
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the only thing you can prove is they are both 46" CCFL backlit LCD sets - vintage, series etc. on YT set are unknown.

Boards, at least from a distance, appear to be laid out similarly.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/ln46a540p2fxza

Samsung UN60ES7100F
UN: Technology. UN is LED LCD, LN is CCFL LCD, and PN is plasma. The "N" stands for North America.
60: Size
E: Year. "E" for 2012, "D" for 2011, "C" is for 2010. ("C" is also for cookie.)
S: A slim LED LCD model. This could be an "H" instead, for a deeper model.
7100: Series
F: Not, sure, actually...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com