Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung LN55C650 Failure    

widstje

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Samsung LN55C650 Failure Reply with quote

My two-year old Samsung LN55C650 made a pop sound while watching a movie last night and then it turned off. I unplugged the TV overnight and tried to turn it on this morning. It chimed like it was starting but no picture came up. Then the power LED flashed five times before the TV turned off.

I removed the back cover and pulled the power supply (Part #BN44-00342B) looking for a bad cap. I didn't see anything that looked swollen, popped, or burned. Anyone have any other ideas?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

widstje

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've reconnected everything and still have no picture.

Current status:

- TV powers up (chime heard)
- Power indicator blinks 5 times
- TV remains on but can't get anything to appear using the remote
- Pressing menu, source, channel up/down does nothing
- Power button powers TV down (powerdown chime heard)
widstje

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After more research I came across a forum that talked about a failure in the backlight. I turned on the unit and put a bright light to the screen and noticed there was an image. Now I need to figure out where the issue is.
widstje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it might be the backlight inverter since the power suppy looked good. Replaced that today and still same symptoms. Going to remove and check all the caps on the power suppy over the weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com