Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung LNT-4665F Display Issue    

Genphlux

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Samsung LNT-4665F Display Issue Reply with quote

I have an LNT-4665F that had the notorious capacitor issue, which I was able to resolve very easily. However, I did let it go on with that issue for the better part of two years prior to taking action. Other than taking a little longer to power on, it wasn't an inconvenience so I didn't want to take a chance on possibly damaging it further by removing the board and changing the caps.

Unfortunately, I started experiencing a different issue. Once the set would power on, the left half of the screen would be very dark. If there was a very bright scene on TV at the time, we could see a little bit but on average or darker scenes, we pretty much couldn't see anything. Nothing seemed to make this situation better.
I wasn't sure if anything was related between the capacitor issue and the darkness issue, so I moved forward with the capacitor replacement. Once the repair was complete, the set powered on instantly (and still does) however the darkness issue persists. Except now, the whole screen is darker than it should be, with the left side seeming to be worse. Also, the refresh rate is TERRIBLE. When I'm navigating through the system menus, it takes a second or so for the next menu to appear on the screen, with the previous menu still "ghosted" in the background.

I took a really bad picture, but its the best I could produce with my iPhone. Please let me know if there is any hope in repairing this thing any further!

Thanks in advance!

Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com