Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung LNT4069FX problem.    

KNaph

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Samsung LNT4069FX problem. Reply with quote

So we bought this Samsung LNT4069FX in 2009, i'm not really sure what month. but about mid 2010 it decided to start to break down. the pictures below show what happen.

Basically, one day i turn the tv on. and it shows the picture of what was broadcasted, but its casted down and to the right as if it were a shadow.
The first time it happened, it took about 5 minutes for the tv to snap back to the normal picture, as time progressed the tv would take longer and longer to "warm up" as my dad and i would call it.
It started from 5 minutes, then 15, 30, 1 hour, then it took 3 hours. Not sure why we even tried to wait that long, but we did.

Example from my tv:

So, i wanted to know if there is anything i can do to fix this?
or if you know what's wrong with it?
or if you know any resources that i can read up on this..

i'm trying to avoid buying another tv.

Thanks,
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

billansor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You are not going to like the answer.....

The X Y or T control board is in the center top of the tv.. This board is connected to the LCD panel through two ribbon pads that are bonded onto the LCD panel through a heat transfer method.

What happens is that the heat rises to the top of the back of the panel and XY or T control board and loosens the bonded ribbon pads...

There is a company that will rebond the tabs which may be cost effective. However as of this time, I do not know about their cost..

The other solution is to replace the LCD panel which is more than the tv is worth.

You may be able to part all the parts out through ebay and recoup some of your costs..

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com