Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
SAMSUNG LNT4661F Dim Dark Picture After Replacing Capacitors    

Fargola

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: SAMSUNG LNT4661F Dim Dark Picture After Replacing Capacitors Reply with quote

Samsung 46 Inch LCD
Model: LN-T4661FX/XAA

The original symptoms were a clicking sound and long start up times. When the picture would finally come, it would be barely noticeable but the OSD was clear and visible.

Inspection of the insides revealed the very common 10V 1000uf capacitors (all 3 of them) on the power supply board were leaking. I ordered 16V 1000uf caps and replaced all the leaking capacitors. I thoroughly inspected all the other caps and found them neither to be bulging or leaking.

After the repair, the LCD turns on without clicking and the startup time is quite fast. However, the picture quality is very poor. I reseated the LVDS cable, and checked all my connection but I cannot fix this dark picture quality.

I will appreciate any help regarding this because I have gone crazy trying to figure out what I did wrong. Thank you.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

utahtech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try the t-con.
Fargola

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I tested the TCON board by removing the LVDS cable while the LCD was running and there was no change. Supposedly this is the way to test the TCON board.

From what I have gathered, the TCON board is the problem when you have dark stripes or ghosting. I just have a very dim picture but my backlight is fine.
tim724

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: samsung lnt4661f, dim after capacitor change Reply with quote

were able to find out the cause of the dim picture after the capacitor replacement?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com