Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung LTN406wx Power Supply    

allenw3658

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Samsung LTN406wx Power Supply Reply with quote

I replaced then power board on my tv and still have the no picture problem(black screen doesn't pick up any imputed signals. I also replaced the old power cable. I have reason to believe it is the power supply board. Many of the components have a brown shading where they connect to the board itself. Also, when the tv is on it makes a high pitched noise, which I'm sure you've heard before. The most evident shading has occurred on the following parts:
CY812S
CY813S
CY811S
EY102
FD811S
Keep in mind almost every component has this brown shading but doesn't stand out as well.

Also the wires connecting the power board to the power supply and else where look suspect. They are old and seem fragile. Is there a way I can pin point the problem without using the trail and error method?

The power supply board model number BN94-00444A/Power

Any thoughts? If you can contribute anything, please do. Thanks again.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swapping out the defective supply for a new one is one way to avoid "trial and error." Smile
allenw3658

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, I'm what you would call a TV repair "noob". Do you think there could be any collateral damage from bad power supply boards or power boards?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is possible. Cool
Another board's defect may have taken out power supply, or power supply going defective may have taken out another board.
I usually take it one step at a time and get the power supply back to specifications first (or if only a few supplies, I may use external supplies to "prove" rest of unit is good).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com