Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung Plasma HPS5053x/xaa bottom half black    

scasper76

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Samsung Plasma HPS5053x/xaa bottom half black Reply with quote

Hello, I have a samsung 50" plasma tv. Model HPS5053x/xaa. For the past week or so I have noticed at times the bottom half of my screen will mess up. Whether its lines going through the picture, a black looking background or a "static" look in the picture. It doesn't happen all the time, but lately it seems to be happening more often. Its happens with different sources, xbox360 and cable box. Only happening on the bottom half though. I have also noticed a "hum" coming from the TV for some time now, nothing that sounds bad, but an obvious "hum". The tv also seem to be getting hot, alot of heat coming from the top vents on the TV. I put a fan beside the TV which blows on it to help with the heat. The heat may be normal, I could just be getting a little paranoid with the issues! I noticed the heat, when I started to notice the "hum" coming from the tv, which was maybe 4 months ago?. Any ways, just looking for some information on what may be going on and how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

mariusz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like the lower buffer board,they tend to go bad very often,the heat is common,plasmas run hot.most of the time you should replace the upper and lower buffers and the ysustain board,If you dont change both whatever is killing the buffer will likely get the next one.With that said,I have seen some loose ribbon cables on the buffers,and when it gets hot or the tv is bupped it will cause the problem to appear.
azullece

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can we replace the upper and lower buffers and the ysustain board.
I have the same problem with this tv. too bad I buy a samsung.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com