Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung PN43D450 - Flickering on left side    

Odinsfury

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Samsung PN43D450 - Flickering on left side Reply with quote

Samsung PN43D450

Whenever there is a white background in a video game or in a movie the left side of the display will flicker black. It immediately corrects itself as soon as the background changes to anything darker. It will occasionally happen over a very light blue background such as a sky.

This problem will also go away if I open a menu, even though the menu does not completely cover the distortion.

I have tried enabling and disabling game mode. I have also tried adjusting all of the picture settings and returning to default settings. It also happens whether energy saver mode is on or off.

I know the TV is a little old, I think I got it in 2011. I have been looking at TV's, but I don't want to rush into buying a new one. I would rather not buy a new one if I could avoid it because the picture looks fine to me when the problem isn't there, which is about 80% of the time.

If anyone knows anything about this problem I would appreciate the help. I also have some pictures, but I don't think they quite capture the effect. Maybe they will help.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Odinsfury

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://imgur.com/a/0cccp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com