Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
SAMSUNG PS42Q96HD 42" Plasma TV    

KMpuggy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: SAMSUNG PS42Q96HD 42" Plasma TV Reply with quote

Hi people, been searching high and low for some info and ive ended up here hoping that someone can help me.

I picked up one of these tellys cheap knowing that it had a dodgy psu, clicking when you turn it on and was expecting blown capacitors. But nothings never that simple with me. Turns out 1 of the the Mosfets have blown, looks like it shorted out, thats not a problem i can source them parts. Its ive noticed that an smd transistor has blown, got a chunk missing out of it. Now that is the problem as i cant source that part. Stamped on it (B3J1) which means nothing when i search for one. How do i source the right part or identify it to get another one?

They do do a kit for this telly, works out 30, but even if i brought that kit it still might not work as there might be an underlying problem thats caused the problems in the first place., The last resort would be to send the board off and get it repaired. (60) The 2 Mosfets can be brought for next to nothing, and its just that smd thats holding me back.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

KMpuggy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures always help...

You can see where i un-soldered it, (Red arrow)

And you can see where the Mosfet went, damage has been done to the circuit from where it blew. (White arrow)

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's DX804 if you can find a part number for that. Maybe that was easy for other people, but it took me a couple minutes to recognize how the board was marked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com