Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung Rear Projection HCN5529W - On, Off, On, Off, On...    

mykkah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Samsung Rear Projection HCN5529W - On, Off, On, Off, On... Reply with quote

My Samsung rear projection TV is acting crazy! the model number is HCN5529W. Here's what it's doing.

I push the power button and you can hear that "electrical" noise of the tv turning on followed by the normal startup melody. Typically from here in about 1-3 seconds the screen would come on and you could watch tv normally. BUT... Now nothing is happening and the tv turns off and you can hear again another "electrical noise" like you normally would when turning it off.

It will constantly cycle like this until I unplug it... it was fine just a few hours ago and now I cant get it to come on at all. The IC board was replaced about a month ago so I have no clue what this could be.

PLEASE HELP

Thank you!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

mykkah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it help if I tell you that this happened right after I tried to do an "auto alignment" through the convergence menu?

The TV was doing some kind of auto alignment and it was repeating the the process over and over and over because the blue alignment wasn't lining up right or something... it was like a bunch of boxes getting smaller and smaller and when it got to the blue boxes it just never lined up...

I cancelled the process and turned the tv off. I came back a few hours later to watch tv and PRESTO, it wont turn on. just an electric noise and a melody and then it turns right back off???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com