Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung SP-R4232 TV won't come on    

mackconsult

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Samsung SP-R4232 TV won't come on Reply with quote

This samsung TV was given to me by my father in law. One day it would not come on. When he hit the big button on the front the light around it flashed four times but the TV didn't come on. It would just sit there and make a clicking noise. I have been able to reproduce the problem. Unplugging the power from the TV and letting it site brings it back to life. Have the back off and visual inspection shows no bulged or damaged caps.

It was interesting that the clicking appears to be coming from one of the relays on the main power board. At one time I put finger on what I thought was the relay making the clicking noise and TV came on. Could have been coincidence I guess.

Purchased a manual off the internet for this set, but the pictures of the power supply don't look anything like the set I have. Would really love to fix this thing but just not sure how to figure out what is wrong with it.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visually inspect, using a magnifier, when necessary, the power board for cold joints.
curtis wolfe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POOR CONNECTIONS ON TH104 THERMISTOR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com