Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung TV Power Board Problem LTN406WX/XAA    

allenw3658

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Samsung TV Power Board Problem LTN406WX/XAA Reply with quote

Hey, I received a broken Samsung 40inch LCD television. Model number: ltn406wx/xaa Power Board Number: BN94-00443w. I plugged in and turned it on to see what the issue was, the screen was in and out of picture. I'm not sure if the sound was working or not, because i had to turn it off quickly because it smelt like it was burning.......which it was. I opened the back of the television and removed the power board, the capacitors and resistors look to be in good shape however when I flipped the board over I discovered a burn mark on the bottom, directly above one of the two rectangle shaped objects (I believe it's a resistor but I'm unsure). I have pictures of the board and close ups of the capacitors, resistors and the burn mark on the bottom. Any advice? Should i just get a new power board? If so, does anyone know where I could get one? Thanks for all the help, I hope the pictures I upload will help some of you with similar problems. THANKS AGAIN!

Board on tv

Capacitors, one has a blue mark on it, don't know if that is blown or not.

Burn Mark On back side of board. (Source of terrible smell)

Close Up

Reverse side of the burn (I don't know if those are resistors or not, the burn is on the top component).

Post any help you can offer, I hope these pictures help someone out there!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like an optoisolator

can't tell for certain.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scratch that, its not an opto. I see that up above
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks more like a pin of one of the two transformers is arcing.

I'd remove the transformer, clean the board and transformer to determine how involved the charring is and formulate a plan to repair the damage. Cool
allenw3658

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Board Replacement Reply with quote

I would really like to just replace the board, I'm just concerned that the burning may have caused something else to fail. Even if i could fix it with just replacing a few parts on the board I would have to wear a gas mask to watch it.

Jts1987 - Thanks for posting on two different sites Smile
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com